Matthew R. Davis focuses his practice in the areas of ERISA employee benefits claims including long term disability, health, life, accident and pension claims.
Matt started working with Tim Gallagher as a law clerk in the summer of 2005. He joined Tim as an Associate after successfully passing the Bar exam in the spring of 2006. In 2014 Matt and Tim started their own firm, Gallagher Davis, LLP.
Shortly after becoming a lawyer, Matt was part of the trial team in the Monroe v. Roedder case which was named by Missouri Lawyers Weekly as the No. 1 “Plaintiff Powerhouse” for winning the largest jury verdict in the State of Missouri in 2008 and the largest personal injury verdict in the history of Saint Louis County. The year prior he won his first ERISA case for the same client, a quadriplegic who was denied AD&D benefits by CIGNA.
- Truman State University, B.A., 1996
- St. Louis University, J.D., 2006
- ERISA benefits claims and litigation
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Wrongful Death
- American Association for Justice
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Missouri and Illinois
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri and Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals